"If you’ve already run the update_db powershell script on the old server to update the database engine version then you just need to copy the updated database to the new server before you run the UpgradeTool.exe program.
"You should copy the updated database to \SoftwareIDM\IdentityPanelWeb\MongoDB\data\db (in your case it’s on the D: drive), the Migrate folder doesn’t need to be copied."
Extra 2.0 Upgrade Step Restore the database backup [from the old server] on the new server.
On the Old server:
- Ensure the old version of Identity Panel is migrated to the Wired Tiger storage engine
- Open an administrative PowerShell prompt and navigate to %Program Files%\SoftwareIDM\IdentityPanel\MongoDB
- Execute .\upgrade_db.ps1 This script will:
- Backup the database to a new .\migrate folder
- Clear the .\data\db folder
- Change the storage engine
- Re-import data
- After the upgrade script completes, you should manually remove the backup files located in MongoDB\migrate and MongoDB\data\db_old. The script leaves these files in place in case it becomes necessary to reverse the upgrade.
On the New server:
- Replace the \SoftwareIDM\IdentityPanelWeb\MongoDB\data\db folder with the previously backed up db folder
- Start the database service
- After installing Panel Tools on the web server run UpgradeTool.exe. This will migrate your historical data and initialize data connections.
- Verify that the SoftwareIDM.Elastic service is started, and that you can access the REST service with a browser at http://localhost:9200/
- After running UpgradeTool run WebAgent.exe --reindex on the web application server. This will re-build the full-text search index. If the reindex command prints an error message you should run it a second time.
- See Sync Engine Upgrade
- Complete the setup walkthrough, and create your schedules, workflows, and health checks as needed.