The following document describes the manual upgrade process. If you are licensed for OneDesign server, then these steps may be automated using the OneDesign PowerShell.
Minor Version Upgrade
Minor version upgrades are updates from e.g. 3.3.8 to 3.3.9
- Download OneDesignConfig.ps1
- Run OneDesignConfig.ps1 --RunMode Online --ServiceMode MinorUpgrade
- After the script completes, inspect your IIS web application bindings to ensure port numbers and certificates are still correct.
- Re-apply one or your license keys in Identity Panel settings
- Use task manager to end task on IdentityPanel.exe
On each panel tools server.
- Run OneDesignConfig.ps1 --RunMode Online --ServiceMode UpgradePanelTools
- Download the new installer. If you are viewing Identity Panel from a browser with internet access a download link will be available at the top of the settings page. Otherwise you can download from https://licensing.softwareidm.com/download/<license key>
- Stop SoftwareIDM * services
- Make a note of Identity Panel site bindings and stop the IIS virtual directory
- Run the installer
- Ensure the SoftwareIDM Identity Panel Database, SoftwareIDM Elastic, and SoftwareIDM Web Maintenance services are started (Elastic should be started before Maintenance, but it is not critical)
- Ensure Maintenance and Elastic services are set to startup type automatic
- Open IIS and confirm:
- Site bindings are present as desired
- Edit the application pool to "No Managed Code"
- Verify the correct windows authentication provider is active
- Ensure the IIS virtual directory is running
- Open Identity Panel with a web-browser and re-apply one of your license key
Sometimes after performing and re-applying the license key you may have issues accessing the web-application, and inspecting network activity will reveal 403 errors in the REST API. When this happens it is necessary to do an IIS Reset.
On each server with Panel Tools:
- Download Panel Tools installer from Identity Panel web application
- Run the installer. Critical fields will be pre-populated with previous settings
- After installer completes open Windows Services and edit properties for SoftwareIDM Panel Service
- Set startup type to automatic
- Re-enter logon credential for service
- Start service
Semi-Major Version Upgrade
Semi-major upgrades are e.g. from 3.2.* to 3.3.*
A semi-major upgrade has two additional steps.
Before installing, check release notes for any new Software Pre-requisites. For example, 3.2 to 3.3 upgraded the .NET Core version. 3.3 to 3.4 will update from .NET 4.5.2 to .NET 4.6.1 as a dependency.
After installing open a command prompt in C:\Program Files\SoftwareIDM\IdentityPanelWeb\Web and run