Service Panel™ is a licensed product add-on for customers who own the Identity Panel™ Core Framework. It is designed for the user, service desk, and manager needing a portal for making, managing and tracking identities and identity requests. Using its secure REST API, it is also a request end-point for systems like ServiceNow wanting to make requests to the MIM Portal and MIM Sync Engine, with the option to include Active Directory, Microsoft Flow, SQL, any common SaaS REST API, and every other endpoint supported. Large enterprises use Service Panel as a key component or centerpiece to their multi-vendor end-to-end identity management infrastructure.
For end-user, Service Panel is a self-service application to allow users to make changes to themselves, track status on their requests, and search a white-pages directory. Additionally, it empowers leaders to perform similar actions on their respective teams of users. Because the UI is easily customized through the settings, companies add their logo, name, colors, and layout to produce a portal that fits with their needs and design objectives.
Service Panel is a web application, and the settings and configuration are controlled through a web-based GUI interface embedded in Identity Panel settings. Service Panel is a separate application with a distinct hostname but shares code with, and runs in the same IIS virtual directory as Identity Panel. Service Panel is not a standalone product, it does require Identity Panel.
Search for Identities
Allows users to search by specific attributes or across all permitted attributes. Search data is sourced from Identity Panel, and results are composited out of data from different source systems scanned by Identity Panel. Security settings allow attribute and object visibility to be limited based on role membership and identity ownership.
- Display any combination of attributes from data sources monitored by Identity Panel
- Allows display of attributes from authoritative source (HR, AD, MIM Portal) to show correct current data
- Allows service desk role with separate attributes suitable for troubleshooting investigations
Allows users to perform self-service modifications to attribute on their account. Only attributes that are explicitly configured to support an edit flow are editable. Once a change is committed it is written out using a workflow process to make the change in the authoritative system.
- Easy to use interface
- Integration with ServiceNow and Azure Logic Apps for approval and other workflows
- Supports auto-complete and drop-down population
- Supports constraints on value formatting (e.g. given.surname for email prefix)
- Evaluates value uniqueness and apply increments (e.g. non-conflicting email addresses)
- Preview and validate value before committing change (e.g. international phone number formatting)
Track & Trace
Queries and reports on request fulfillment processes and durations. Many identity operations go through a series of provisioning phases, and these phases each have expected durations. Configure track and trace step sequences to probe for successful completion of each phase in the expected time frame.
- Trigger a sequence based on any system scanned by Identity Panel
- Validation sequences may have one or many steps
- Each step can have an expected start delay, warning duration, and timeout duration
- Each step can evaluate success and failure criteria
- Trigger actions on step success, failure, or timeout, such as sending notifications, opening tickets, or invoking Azure flow workflows
- Friendly self-service interface to surface details about fulfillment stages to end users
- Identity Panel Core Framework
- Knowledge Package for Identity Panel (year one) subscription
- Software Maintenance (Year one) subscription
Common optional or additional items
- Software Assurance (currently included with the above Knowledge Package and renewals)
- MIM DevTest
- Directory Provider
- SoftwareIDM Operational Services
Audited: April 21, 2018