This procedure requires Identity Panel version 4.1 or higher.
1. Open a file browser in \Program Files\SoftwareIDM\PanelTools
2. Ensure that the SoftwareIDM Panel Service account has full-control permissions on the entire PanelTools installation directory (this permission must be explicitly granted).
3. Grant full control permission on SoftwareIDM Panel Service to the service account. This is easiest to do by installing subinacl from Microsoft and running:
subinacl.exe /service SoftwareIDM.PanelService /grant=domain\serviceaccount=F
6. Create a schedule in Identity Panel for performing automatic updates. This schedule may have a configured run interval, or may left without a start time for ad-hoc execution via the dashboard.
7. For each server with Panel Tools installed, add an Upgrade Panel Tools strip, and select the target server.
8. Save the schedule
The Upgrade Panel Tools step will only make changes if a newer version is available from the web application.
The Upgrade Panel Tools step replaces files in-place. It does NOT run the msi executable. This means that the installed effective version of Panel Tools will be newer than the version which appears in the Add/Remove programs menu.