Upgrading to Identity Panel 4.x requires a planned service outage. Typical duration is 30 minutes, plus 2 hours per 100,000 identities. This time may be exceeded if the environment does not match hardware recommendations.
If upgrading from versions earlier than 3.4.3, See release notes for 3.4.3 for required settings changes post upgrade.
1. Download Identity Panel installer using your license key from (https://licensing.softwareidm.com/download/<key>)
2. Unblock the file if needed, and run the executable, which is a self-extracting archive. This will produce a folder called IdentityPanelInstaller.
3. Run PanelSetup.exe, which is a helper executable:
4. Execute Step 1: Check and Install Identity Panel pre-requisites (NOTE: All pre-requisites should already be installed unless performing a major upgrade, but this check will verify the server state).
5. Run PanelSetup again, and execute Step 3: Backup database. You will be prompted with a folder picker dialog.
6. Stop SoftwareIDM Web Maintenance Service, and disable Identity Panel virtual directory. Kill task IdentityPanel.exe
7. Run IdentityPanel.msi using msiexec to produce a log file.
8. Run Upgrade tool:
Program Files\SoftwareIDM\IdentityPanelWeb\Web\WebAgent.exe --upgrade
9. After the upgrade tool completes (which will take the majority of the upgrade time), you may start the SoftwareIDM Maintenance Service and re-bind the IIS virtual directory.
1. Browse to web application and re-apply license key
2. Upgrade Panel Service on each server
3. Re-index search (optional but recommended) by running WebAgent.exe --reindex
Upgrade Panel Service Manually
1. Navigate to Identity Panel Settings / Install Service and click "Download Installer"
2. Stop SoftwareIDM.PanelService
3. Run PanelTools.msi
4. Re-enter password for SoftwareIDM Panel Service account in Windows Services
5. Start SoftwareIDM.PanelService