Before attending a W812 workshop, you will need gather some organization information. You will need to identify your Service Panel Audiences, Service Panel functionality groupings, and pair those with each audience. This will outline who is accessing the portal, and what functionality will be provided. If you need assistance understanding Service Panel Audiences and functional groups, you will want to attend course T711 - A Tour of Service Panel.
Requirements gathering advance prep:
- Identify audiences and broad functionality mapping: recommend 2 to 4 audience/function pairs for initial deployment, with up to 3 additional audience/function pairs for second iteration (not initial planning session)
- Identify key stakeholders (expected to be present for planning workshop). May include members of audiences as well as people responsible for the service experience of people in the audiences.
Virtual Identity / white pages / search and lookup
- Service forms / self-service actions / account management
- Track & Trace / Change validation and notification
- Department / Site managers
- General users
Example audience/function pairs:
End user self-service action for common request item
- Manager/end user account search and user details view (org or white pages search)
- Help desk account creation wizards
- Account termination track and alert for auditors