Service Panel was designed to empower the identity architect, rather to force a customer into a limited solution design. When considering Service Panel, you have the following configuration options.
- Microsoft Identity Manager Portal integration with ServiceNow (Using Service Panel as the connector between the two)
- MIM Portal with Service Panel to provide a richer UI experience for the MIM Portal
- MIM Portal with Service Panel SaaS, to provide external UI and AzureAD authentication to the on-premise MIM Portal
- ServiceNow collecting requests with Service Panel executing the ServiceNow workload
- ServiceNow with Service Panel brokering the workload to the MIM Sync Engine
- Service Panel Self Service UI with MIM Sync doing the work
- Service Panel Self Service UI with Identity Panel providers writing directly to the targets (most common)
- A combination or hybrid of the above (also common)
Because Service Panel exposed its forms as a RESTful API, you can also integrate it with any other service desk and identity solutions.