This article describes how to install MongoDB v4.2 in a simple standalone configuration on Windows. For more advanced scenarios including high-availability and installing on Linux see high availability workshop material and MongoDB documentation.
- Go to the MongoDB download center
- Select Version: 4.2.3, OS: Windows 64 bit, Package: MSI, and download
- Run the MSI installer
- Choose Setup Type: Custom
- Accept the default location, or choose an alternate location
- Under Service Configuration, choose settings appropriate to your environment and use with Identity Panel: e.g.
- Deselect MongoDB compass as it runs as a web installer
- Verify the new MongoDB service is running:
- cd into the installation bin directory and run mongo.exe
- Exit the MongoDB shell